NIA provides eligible members with access to Praesidium, a national leader in risk management specializing in preventing the abuse of vulnerable populations.
Organizations must be NIA members with a current improper sexual conduct and physical abuse (ISCPA) policy purchased through NIA. If you are not sure whether you have this coverage, please contact your insurance broker directly, or contact our Member Services team.
For nonprofit organizations, incidents of improper sexual conduct — whether alleged or verified — can have catastrophic consequences.
It’s a risk that must be taken seriously — especially for organizations that work with vulnerable populations.
With more than 30 years of experience, Praesidium knows better than anyone how abuse occurs in organizations — and what you can do to prevent it.
Through NIA’s partnership with Praesidium, eligible NIA members can access the following free resources:
- Praesidium Academy Online Training: In-depth online courses covering eight organizational areas where risks are often found — policies, screening and selection, training, monitoring and supervision, internal feedback systems, consumer participation, responding, and administrative practices. Each course includes an action plan to help learners apply what they’re learning, a discussion guide to be used in a group setting, and a coaching playbook for supervisors.
- Model Policies: NIA members have access to Praesidium’s extensive library of model policies to help them create safe environments by defining acceptable and unacceptable employee and volunteer conduct. Policies also facilitate effective monitoring and supervision by helping others to recognize policy violations and take appropriate action.
- Screening and Selection Toolkit for Foster Parents: Praesidium’s Screening and Selection Toolkit for Foster Parents is a comprehensive package of resources to effectively screen prospective employees and caregivers working with foster children — including “red flag” indicators and hundreds of examples of high- and low-risk applicant responses.
- Praesidium Helpline: The Praesidium Helpline* provides organizational leadership a confidential resource to discuss concerns or allegations involving abuse and receive support to navigate appropriate next steps. Praesidium’s team is available 7 days a week to provide recommendations around safety, internal and external reporting, and advice on ways to course correct.
* NOTE: Information discussed during Praesidium Helpline calls is anonymous and confidential. No information is shared with NIA or your insurance broker.
NIA Members Receive the Following:
- No-cost access to the resources listed above only.
- Any additional Praesidium products or services must be purchased separately, if desired.
How to Access this Resource
To get started with Praesidium, complete the form at the bottom of this page. NIA will verify your eligibility and connect you to the partner page.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact NIA Member Services at 800-359-6422, ext. 1727, or email@example.com.